Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sweet Sunday Love

Happy Ground Hog Day and Happy Superbowl!!! I'm hoping for no shadow and go Broncos!! (that's for you Karen G.).

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC205.


I couldn't resist creating another Valentine. Or maybe this could be a wedding card? Or even an anniversary card?

I was stumped with the sketch at first. I couldn't figure out which image to use so I flipped through my collection of dies and landed on the word "LOVE" from Accent It - Celebrate Die-namics, and the rest of the card then fell into place.

For the heart I knew I wanted to give it a generous coating of glossy accents so I die cut the heart three times and adhered the layers together to prevent any warping from the glossy accents. The sparkle under the glossy accents is thanks to my clear Wink of Stella pen…love it!!! I pressed the key right down into the wet glossy accents to secure it in place. Isn't it pretty with all the sparkle and shine!!!

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Barbara Anders
Dana White
Jackie Pedro
Jenny Peterson
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Hold the phone?! I thought this was patterned paper, but you made your own. Fantabulous!! I have these accent dies sitting in my shopping cart at MFT. May need to pull the plug and order them already. Love that you made another Valentine card. Love how glossy they look!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful, Karen! I was just looking at the Wink of Stella pens. I think you've nudged me in the direction of purchasing one!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, this is amazing!!!

Barbara said...

Totally SWEET, Karen! LOVE that shiny heart!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this so much Karen, that heart is so pretty, love the gloss and the key pressed into it!! So cute!!!

Marsha Reed said...

Love the heart! The backgrounds you created are very nice.

Lisa H. said...

wow! that heart is a show stopper!!! love it.

Lynn Put said...

Super cute Valentine card Karen! Love the sweet heart with key accent!