Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sweet Sunday Greetings

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC198.

I haven't flipped a sketch in quite a while so I thought it was high time I did. In doing so, I wasn't quite sure how the little flag element was going to work out but I'm super pleased with everything. This is card #34 for Project Christmas 2013.


I started with a Primitive White card base then added a layer of Chocolate Brown. I added another layer  of Paver Red because I knew it would tie in nicely with the colours on the poinsettia image.

The image from Inspired by Holiday Botanicals was stamped onto X-Press It Blending Card and coloured with copic markers. I cut out the square using the Pierced Square STAX Die-namics. I thought the image needed to be grounded though so I drew a line with a black copic multiliner to mimic the edge of the table. The tiny banner flag was cut from Chocolate Brown using the Party Banner Die-namics.

Because I flipped the sketch I had plenty of room for one of the sentiments from Inspired by Holiday Botanicals, stamped with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink, directly onto the Kraft layer. I added a Chocolate Brown button tied with Hemp Cord to finish it off.


I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch challenge and link your creation on Karen's Blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Colins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Melissa Hubert
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful! Flipping the sketch worked wonderfully! Great holiday card!

Lisa H. said...

soooo pretty, Karen. love the beautifully colored poinsettia.

wendy said...

looks great flipped...so pretty Karen!

Vicki Burdick said...

Wowzers Karen, I love this, that image is amazing, you know I love your coloring and the ketch looks great flipped this way!! Total Perfection, as always!!!! Happy Sunday!!

Tracy said...

Amazing coloring as always girlie! I love, love, love how you flipped this sketch too. :)

Tracy said...

Amazing coloring as always girlie! I love, love, love how you flipped this sketch too. :)

Dana White said...

What a lovely holiday card - the sketch worked perfectly flipped!

Lori said...

Beautiful holiday card! Love how you used the button to represent the notched part of the panel.

zehra said...

Gorgeous card, love ur coloring

Karen Giron said...

LOVE this card! I haven't inked up this set yet and you have all the right inspiration! This is lovely - fabulous take!

Anonymous said...

Awesome use of the sketch!! I think it's perfect & festive!! :))
Great idea to snag 1 flag off of the banner die !! :))