Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Yee Haw Birthday

Today I have another card for the Love Fest challenges going on at Splitcoast. Here's a link to the main challenge thread...you still have time to play.

This card is for the day two sketch challenge, LOVEFEST2013B.


I went the masculine route and used the Howdy stamp set from My Favorite Things. I started with a card base of Whip Cream then added a layer of Kraft, which I ran through the distressed diamonds embossing folder. I distressed the edges of the Kraft layer for a more rugged feel.

I stamped the sentiment using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink onto a yellow oval which I cut out using the Oval 1 STAX Die-namics. The patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Remarkable collection. I stamped a scattering of woodgrain stars using Kraft Premium Dye Ink.

For the star embellishments I used the Stacking Stars Die-namics to cut out striped and Berrylicious stars. For a pop of colour I added a Red Hot button tied with Hemp Cord. I used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics and the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics to cut out the two flags and stamped the 'Yee Haw' sentiment using Kraft Premium Dye Ink.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

No comments: