Sunday, February 17, 2013

Waiting for the Storm to Pass

I have my second card to share for the Love Fest Challenges going on at Splitcoast.

This card is for the Bring on the Bling challenge by Stamping Bella. I do love me some bling, and I had fun with this image. I used Uptown Girl Lolly and her Brolly stamp set. I knew right away that I was going to add rhinestone raindrops for a lot of sparkle around her.


I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card and coloured her with copic markers. I channeled Mary J (she's famous for cutting out the most intricate images) and fussy cut all around her. I used a craft knife for the space between her legs and her boots but the rest was cut out using my Cutter Bee scissors. Slow and steady wins the race when cutting narrow parts of the image, although I almost amputated her head at one point. Doh! For even more bling I added Star Dust Stickles to the ruffle of her coat and umbrella. By the way, the umbrella was paper pieced with a floral pattern from the My Mind's Eye Unforgettable collection. I placed her on a layer of Steel Grey so she'd really stand out (plus it looks like a dark stormy sky).

I inked just the first line of the sentiment and stamped it onto Whip Cream, which I trimmed into a flag shape. Both the sentiment and image are adhered with foam tape for dimension.

On the inside I stamped the second half of the sentiment and stamped the image again with Memento Toffee Crunch.

I hope you're having fun playing along with the Love Fest Challenges at Splitcoast!

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Karen. Your colouring is brilliant as always and amazing cutting out too. Love the raindrops and the inside of the card as well. It's simply adorable!

Mary J said...

Oh I love this card, Karen! Fab use of the dark blue background and all those gems - really clever! Your fussy cutting is perfect - I'm glad you managed to keep her head on, lol!!

Leslie said...

This is lovely Karen! Love the dark stormy "sky" and the "raindrops" - so clever! I LOL at your "almost" amputation...these Uptown Girls are fair game for amputation of head, legs, arms....I should know!! :)

Dana White said...

Oh the dark back ground is perfect for this image it's a stormy night and she's out dancing in the raindrops!