Sunday, July 15, 2012

Make a Wish

My Favorite Things is sponsoring the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge this week and I'm playing along to help get you in a stampy mood.


I used à la modes Birthday Girl because she's holding the most delicious looking cupcake!! I'm imagining it's a peanut butter chocolate cupcake...yum!

The inspiration photo lead me to choose papers from the Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection, which I paired with Hot Fudge, Pink Lemonade, Kraft and white. I embossed the background paper for added texture and interest. The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copic markers. I used the Small Scallop Border Die-namics to cut out the pink scallops piece for the little tab and jazzed it up with rhinestones.

I used the Plentiful Petals Die-namics to cut out three layers for that gorgeous flower and topped it with a Kraft button tied up with linen thread. I adore this flower die!

On the inside I let the patterned paper shine and simply stamped another sentiment from the set along with the girl in Memento Toffee Crunch.

Here's the yummy inspiration photo! Be sure to hop over to the Cupcake Inpirations blog for plenty more inspiring projects!!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Rene said...

Gorgeous card!!!!
Rene :D

Chris said...

I love this card, that big old flower is so cheery and your papers are so pretty. Needless to say i love the ALM gal and would love to bite into that cuppie.
It's so great to have MFT sponsor the CIC and really great that the DT joined us.
thanks a bunch.

Vicki Burdick said...

Wowzers, this is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Karen Giron said...

I love this ALM!! The Victoria Gardens paper is so perfect for the inspiration photo too! How fun!

Shannon White said...

Wowie! This is sooo Pretty and Sweet! Love the Adorable image and the Lovely embossed dp's! Just Wonderful! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Lisa H. said...

ooooo! this is so rich and elegant with that paper and embossing. love it, Karen!

Dana White said...

Gorgeous - LOVE those flowers!!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS! LOVE the paper and textures on this! STUNNING my friend!!!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Oooh! This really caught my eye! Such a sweet card. The background is sooo beautiful the way you embossed the pattern paper. Great job.

Leslie said...

Really? Seriously?! This is GORGEOUS! Love the embossed paper and the beautiful flower and the inside is spectacular - love a decorated inside! The best part though...the PNB chocolate cupcake!! Thanks!!!