Monday, May 3, 2010

Mother, defined

I saw this fun layout on the Paper Dolls challenge blog and thought it would work perfectly with the  wonderful Mother Definition from Stamping Bella. Have you read it? I know...it's a definition, but it's quite a nice sentiment and this is the card I'm sending to my mom for Mother's Day.

I know the green flower looks like it's really "in your face" but for some reason it's showing up quite a bit brighter in the photo than it does on the real card. I tried playing around with the colours in Photoshop but it didn't seem to make a difference. Instead, just imagine it's the same colour as the green in the patterned paper, which is a mix from the Quite Contrary collection. The pink cardstocks are Prism frosted pink and intense pink. The sentiment is popped on foam tape for a little dimension and I also stitched around the patterned panels for interest.

This week's Bellarific Friday Challenge is All About Flowers!!! Use anything with flowers, embellishments, paper, Stamping Bella stamps and email your submission to Em by Thursday evening to be included in the Friday round-up. Oh, and of course there's some Bella Bucks for one lucky challenge participant, so get your flowers out and play along!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Sooo pretty! I love the patterned paper you used. So pretty and colorful. I also like the Mother definition. Great card! Thanks for playing with the Dolls!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Thanks for playing along with us! I love the patterned paper you used. It's so pretty!

Janet said...

super card:)
hugs

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous and what an awesome layout to show off all those papers!

Ann Kranitz said...

I love this and I think that flower looks awesome!!! HUGS!!

Leslie said...

Very pretty - I need to do this layout. It might help with my "scrap" pile! :)

Unknown said...

Pretty card, love your choice of patterned paper.

Lee Anne said...

Thanks for playing with the Dolls challenge this week! Your card is wonderful! Those colors and papers are great together!