Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wake Up Beans!!!

Mmmmmmmmmm....Coffee....there's really nothing better first thing in the morning than the smell of fresh brewed coffee. Well, that's my opinion anyway!!! I love my morning coffee...that first sip is always the best!

So for my card today I used...yes, you guessed it...the new Let's Do Coffee set from Taylored Expressions. And I used Taylor's sketch challenge for the layout, TESC109. I don't often make cards this size and the sketch seemed a little challenging, but I was up for it and I love how my card turned out. The finished size is 3.25 x 6 inches.

I stamped the bag of beans with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream twice and also onto kraft. I paper pieced the bag with kraft cardstock and added a smidge of shading with my W3 copic. What doesn't show in the photo is that I crumpled up the kraft bag then flattened it out again before adhering it to the image so it has a little texture. The rest of the image is coloured with copics and it's cut out with circle Nestabilities.

The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary line, the Little Boy Blue collection. The papers were still out on my stamp table from yesterday's card and I thought the colours were perfect for a coffee themed creation. Confession: all my Quite Contrary papers have been lying out on my stamp table since I got them in March...I can't seem to put them away and move on...they're just too pretty!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is perfect! You know, I don't function well until there is coffee. In fact, I'd prefer that my kids didn't speak to me until I'm halfway through my first cup, but they don't seem to pick up on that.....LOL!

Janet said...

omg its awesome! i need my coffee in the morning too...or i am not a happy camper!!
hugs

Kathy Martin said...

Oh how FUN this card is and that bag of 'wake up beans!"

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, karen! you copic genious, you:)

The Spotted Chick said...

I'm with ya on that!! Gotta have my coffee and nuthin' beats that smell! Ahhhhh! Super cute card and I LOVE these colors too!

Taylor said...

This is SO cute, Karen! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Listen!!! I loved this one, I have kept it in my google reader for some time just to take 'awe' in it!! You rocked it GF!