Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sweet Sunday Garden

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSC62. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

My shoulder's still bugging me so I'm giving my solid image stamps a workout. I guess everyone will know when my shoulder is better when I start posting coloured images again! LOL!!! For this card I used Discover Your Wings from Taylored Expressions.

I stamped the flowers in Memento Angel Pink onto Choice Buttercream then trimmed the main panel to size. Although, I could have still made is smaller, but I didn't realize that until the card was nearly all assembled. I added a couple of pink buttons and stitched on a grass border that was punched with my Martha Stewart border punch. The quote and butterfly were stamped with Memento Lilac Posies. I stamped the butterfly a second time and cut it out, then misted it with Irridescent Pearls Maya Mist for a little shimmer. I added some Crystal Twinkles to the wings and the butterfly body. The patterned paper is from my Basic Grey Green at Heart 6x6 pad.

I hope you'll play along with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch and link your project on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have created with this week's sketch.
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Leslie said...

That's very pretty. Love all the bling on the butterfly. Sorry your shoulder is still troubling you :(

Lynn Put said...

This is gorgeous Karen!!! I love this Taylored Expressions image and saying along with the colors you used!
Hope your shoulder is feeling better soon!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Karen! Love the goreosu colors and images. Great design!

Unknown said...

Girlie, I'm so sorry you're still feeling so horribly! Rest that arm, STOP STAMPING!

Janet said...

such a pretty card! love it:) hope you get better soon!
hugs

Shannon Willis said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Karen, but you couldn't tell by your amazing card. I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Karen, the colors are awesome and I love that butterfly!!!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous..great job...have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty, karen!

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS my friend! LOVE the colors and the buttons as the flower centers! I SO miss you!!!

Ida said...

This is so pretty. Love it!

Karen Giron said...

Gorgeous!!! Loving the solid images, but not that you're stamping them because you are all out of whack! That is horrible! Feel better soon :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Gorgeous, Karen!! I'm sorry you're shoulder has been hurting you! Must be from beating down all those criminals in your past....SNORT!