Friday, August 7, 2009

Dancing Bellarific Friday



Happy Bellarific Friday!
Paulabella created a fun sketch for this week's challenge and here's how I interpreted it.

I've been wanting to use my new-to-me Pierrette Pointy Toes image from Stamping Bella ever since it arrived a few weeks ago and this seemed like the perfect sketch for her. I chose some very girly patterned paper to go with her...I think it's Imaginisce but I'm not certain, and unfortunately I can't check because I'm writing this post as we're away on vacation...we'll be heading home by the time this post is published though.

I stamped Pierrette with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured her with copics. I thought it would be cute to give her a polka dotted skirt so I paper pieced that part. I added a little Glamour Dust to her wings and cut her out with Octagon Nestabilities. She's layered onto a scallop octagon of pink pirouette...hey, even the name of that cardstock is about dancing...too funny!

The white card base is 5 inches square. I layered some papers then added lots of piercing both around the image and around the base layers. Instead of using a split sentiment like the sketch showed I decided on lots of girly Primas...how could I resist since I had some polka dot ones! A couple of Fuschia Bella Bonbons finish off the flowers nicely.

I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with for this sketch. We'll have to pop over to Bloggabella for a peek!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

OH!! Isn't she SO super cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE her Saucy! Those papers are DELISH with her too!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Ooooo she is just fabulous! Love love love everything about your card!

pat said...

Wowwie!! super cute love it!

Janet said...

wow such a pretty card!! love it:)
hugs

Unknown said...

Too stinkin' cute!! Love the choice of colors and papers - lovely!! :)

Danni said...

Very pretty card!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
I just found your blog. I'm enjoying vieweing your talents! Had to leave you a note on this Pierrette Pointy Toes. So cute. I NEED this stamp now! LOL

I love your interpretation of the layout and your choice of paper and marker colours is just beautiful.

I'll be checking back often for inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
Donna M.