Monday, June 29, 2009

Just My Type

Here's a fun card that I made with my new Just My Type image from Stamping Bella. It comes with five sentiments too, perfect for so many occasions. I just love these old typewriters...you really never see them anymore, except maybe in movies, but I did see an old style cash register last week at a diner in NYC. The layout for this card is Bella Sketch Challenge #78 from the Bella Forum on Splitcoast. 

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto white cardstock then coloured it with copics. I wanted the piece of paper in the typewriter to stand out so I used E41 all around the image so the white would pop. Then I cut the image out with rectangle Nestabilities and layered it on to a scalloped rectangle of blue bayou. 

The patterned papers are from Cosmo Cricket's fabulous Early Bird line. I love the antique feel of these papers...the colours are bright but muted (does that even make sense?)...just gorgeous! There's a little riding hood red peeking out from underneath the yellow polka dot strip. The Prima flowers are layered onto a scallop circle of riding hood red and I added a Baby Blue Bella Bonbon to the center. 

Don't forget to pop over to Bloggabella for this week's Bellarific Friday sketch. You could win $20 Bella Bucks just for playing along and emailing your submission to Em before Thursday at 5pm EST.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Oooh, nicely done and I like the E41 shading! Will I age myself if I say I remember learning to type on those machines?!

Julia Aston said...

Very fun card Karen! I have this image but haven't inked it up yet! you have inspired me! great colors and Dp on this!

Helen said...

Ooooh, love this card and I really I like this image!!! I know someone this would be perfect for. Would you believe in my first job I had to use one of these - horrible things that hurt your fingers. And the noise in the office was incredible! We still have one at work, used by one person only, for typing his address labels. We tease him mercilessly, of course.

Janet said...

wow this is fantastic! i love it
hugs

Patricia Garcia said...

Oooh this is too cute I remember these my sister had one and I loved to push the keys all the way down. Love the perfect match colors and paper!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Karen, you MUST stop posting with all of these adorable images and gorgeous paper. I cant keep up with you girl!! LOL. This one is really adorable.

Unknown said...

Cute-a- ROO! So super fantastic!

Norine said...

too cute love it
Hugs
Norine

Jan Castle said...

Being a Secretary, I can really appreciate this...I learned on a typewriter that looked like this!!!
Oops, guess that tells my age..LOL
Great card!
Jan Castle