Saturday, June 6, 2009

Drinks Anyone? and a Bellarific Chariot

So I had this brilliant idea when I was colouring DAYDREAMabella...what if she was day dreaming about things (objects) instead of the sentiments that are included with the stamp. Hmmm...I pulled out my Row of Drinks (with sentiment) stamp but the images are too large. 
Then...the lightbulb went on...what about shrink plastic??? Would it shrink them too much??? I knew the only way to find out was to try it. So I stamped the Row of Drinks with black Stazon onto clear shrink plastic. Once it was dry I flipped it over and coloured the backside of the images with my copics. The reason for colouring the back side is because the copic markers will cause the Stazon to bleed. Then I cut out three of the drinks and shrunk them with my heat tool. 

I'm absolutely tickled with how this turned out!!! I adhered them with some Micro Dots and that was that! Now the rest of the card seems pretty boring to tell you about, so I'll just say the base is soft sky, then a layer of rose red and the polka dot paper is My Mind's Eye Pretty Please.
 

I didn't get a chance to show you my Bellarific card from last week's challenge on Bloggabella, so here it is...I used Stella's Chariot and paired it with the perfect sentiment, 'have a magical day'. 
The chariot is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. Since I was working with my own sketch, it all came together very quickly and I probably could have assembled the card blindfolded. That's because this seems to be my 'go to' layout whenever I'm not already working with a sketch. 
I have to tell you that it was really cool to see my sketch interpreted in so many cool ways with the Bellarific Friday submissions. 
I did a wavy banner for the sentiment and anchored it with some Primas. Burnt Honey Bonbons seemed like the perfect finishing touch to the flower and I added two more in the corner of the card. The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye Penny Lane and the solids are orchid opulence, kiwi kiss and pumpkin. 

If you haven't already done so, pop over to Bloggabella to see yesterday's Bellarific Friday submissions, you really should. Em's giving away $20 in Bella Bucks to one lucky person just for commenting on her post

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Stefanie said...

Daydreamabella is so cute hankering for some girly drinks. Love it!

I really loved your sketch this week too. Unfortunately, I missed Emily's deadline too, but I still posted to my blog. The wavy banner is a fun element!

Cheryl said...

Both of them turned out really great! You have such a talent for this, thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

TWO cards in one day - what a lovely treat to wake up to. Beautiful and I love the little shrinky-dink drinks. Hey, if they're that small does that mean I can have all three? I think the last one is a pink sangria :)

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute cards!

Janet said...

well aren't you clever....that is me day dreaming...i could use a drink after the day i had! lol
hugs

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh I love what you did with Dreamabella - what a fabulous idea!!!
And your carriage is gorgeous too - a little girl's dream!
xXx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea with the shrink plastic! The card is perfect!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Did someone say Drinks?? Is it Happy Hour yet!! It will be for us in a few weeks!! Whoo Hoo cant wait. Oh and you must tell me where to get shrink plastic. I have never heard of this. What a cute idea!!!

Christyne said...

Brilliant use of shrink plastic! Just BRILLIANT!

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

Oh, so cute! Love it!!!

Leah l'Orange said...

your shrinky dink drinks are WONDERFUL! what a great idea! :)

---Karmyn

Unknown said...

So stinkin' cute Karen!! LOVE the shrink plastic drinks - I haven't used that in a while and it's so fun!! GREAT idea!! :)