Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Key to my Heart-A Spring Spectacular!

It's no secret that I'm a HUGE fan of the Key Ingredients at Taylored Expressions. Everything handpicked by Taylor, perfectly coordinated to make my paper crafting easier...sigh...I {heart} Key Ingredients! Well, I have some FABULOUS news!!! Taylor has done it again! You really need to pop over to Taylored Expressions and check out the amazing new Spring Spectacular Key Ingredients Kits being offered in limited quantities at a spectacular discount. All the details are on Taylor's Blog so I'll get right down to the cards I made with my Key Ingredients Kit.


Taylor gave us the choice of using one of the four kits, Dazzled, Brilliant, Delighted or Enchanted, and I chose the masculine kit. I know!!! How freaky is it that my last couple of posts have been manly. Anyway...I chose the Brilliant Key Ingredients Kit because I simply love love LOVE all the bright happy colours. It's designed more for masculine creations but really, I can see myself using it for several different occasions (I kept reaching for it recently but had to restrain myself because it wasn't released yet! LOL!). 

For this first card I only used products from the Brilliant Key Ingredients Kit, which includes 12 sheets of solid papers, 20 6x6 sheets of patterned papers, 5 yards of ribbon and numerous die cut images/sentiments. The two star "brads" were punched out from one of the patterned papers in the kit. To jazz up the details, I coated the brads with diamond glaze and popped them on foam tape and I added a smidge of Crystal Stickles to the orange stars on the sentiment panel for just a touch of shimmer. 

On my second card I used one of the die cut images as my focal panel and I paired it with the tie image and sentiment from Boys Will be Boys. The tie is paper pieced with another of the patterns in the Brilliant Key Ingredients Kit

For my third sample I chose to use the die cut frame as my focal point. There are 5 yards of delicious ribbon in this kit which I showcased inside the frame. You can't see it in the photo, but the green twill is shimmery and so is the blue organza polka dot ribbon. The owl and "you're a hoot" sentiment are from the Branching Out Coordinates set. One of the patterned papers is all words and I thought it worked really well with this sentiment. 
This is a fabulous opportunity to give Taylor's Key Ingredients kits a try by getting one of these Spring Spectacular Key Ingredients Kits for only $12.95. And best of all, each kit comes with a full colour inspiration sheet with six samples created by members of the Baker's Dozen. 

To see more creations using each of the four kits, hop over to the following blogs:
Brilliant -  Taylor VanBruggen

Delighted -  Charmaine Ikach

Dazzled - Dawn Easton
                   Jami Sibley

Enchanted - Laura Fredrickson
                       Sankari Wegman

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Karen, you rocked this kit! I love all the circular elements in your projects!

Jami said...

Wow Karen - you did amazing things with this kit! Love the combination of the "no tie" and "handsome" sentiments - so clever!

Ann Kranitz said...

You ROCK my friend. That is all I have to say!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

Holy CANNOLI Saucy!!! WOW WOW WOW!! Look at the MAGNIFICENT creations you came up with using this FAB new KI! LOVE each and every one of these...but I have to say, the middle card is my ABSOLUTE fav! I second what Ann said...YOU ROCK!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, your cards are all wonderful! I love that tie!!! It's perfect with that die cut!
Love the layouts girl!

Taylor said...

Such wonderful cards, Karen!! I love the fun layouts and the cool ribbon background you created for your frame!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE how you worked these papers, girl! FANTASTIC!

Sankari W. said...

WOWOW Karen - you totally brought the sauce on for these kits!!! WOW!!! I LOVE each card and those papers are awesome! I LOVE that sentiment in the first card, and the tie card is soooo perfect and awesome and that last one is amazing - beautiful!! YOU totally ROCK!!!
sending you big hugs!
Sankari :)

Dana White said...

Kar these are great - you now have an amazing stash of manly cards!!

Janet said...

how amazing!!! i love them all!! great job!
hugs