Monday, May 18, 2009

It's a Cuppie Christmas Card of the Week

It's been a seriously long time since I used my Season's Sweetings set from Taylored Expressions, and it's the very first Christmas set I bought this year, back in January (when I decided to do one Christmas card a week...I needed some new rubbah for inspiration!). So I pulled it out for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge, TECC68. 
I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black twice onto Choice Snow White cardstock and coloured it with copics. I cut out the tree and popped it with dimensionals and I added a yellow star eyelet to the top. Some Christmas Red Stickles on the tree and Crystal Effects on the Cuppie's cherry finish off the details. I cut out the image with circle Nestabilities and layered it onto a scallop of Riding Hood Red. 

The patterned papers are from Sonburn Designs, the Classic Christmas Collection. I used my EK Slim Snowflake Border punch along the edge of the striped piece and added a layer of Riding Hood Red then some fun Turquoise Polka Dot ribbon. For the final embellishment, I layered a red button onto a turquoise felt button, then onto a ghost snowflake. I LOVE ghost shapes!!!

I'm really pleased with this Christmas card...it has a fresh feel to it and I love that. And best of all, my little stash of Christmas cards is really growing!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Leslie said...

That is so cute! I LOVE how you layered the buttons - fun colours and great shading with your copics!

April said...

Very bright and cheery. Just the thing for Christmas.

Janet said...

such a great card! i bought this set, i can't wait to play!
hugs

Unknown said...

Holy CUTE batman! I love this.
eeks, this means you have my coveted snowman cupcake!!! EEEEEKSSS!!!

Renee said...

Too cute! Great challenge card and Christmas card!

jacque4u2c said...

Great coloring!!!!! Just so stunning!

Ann Kranitz said...

Too stinkin cute!!! I am starting to fall for these little cuppies.

Cakespy said...

So adorable!