Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Showers of Sweetness

Just as I promised yesterday, here's a card using the brand new Shower Bugg image from Stamping Bella. Talk about complete sweetness...I just LOVE it!

When I was at Bellaland last week, along with picking up lots of new rubbah, I picked up these yummy American Crafts, Craft Fair Collection patterned papers. So I pulled out the pink, brown, green and yellow to colour the image. I stamped it twice with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it copics. I cut out the umbrella and popped it for dimension and I used my Atyou Spica Glitter pens to add some shimmer to the wing and the hearts. The image is cut out with square Nestabilities and layered onto chocolate. Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention, this wonderful layout is Mojo Monday #84...I would have never come up with this on my own.  :)

The card base is Pink Pirouette then a layer of Chocolate Chip. I paper pierced the patterned pieces (say that 10 times fast!) after they were adhered to the chocolate, then I put the entire chocolate panel on dimensionals. 
The sentiment is from the Mini Words set. A little pink ribbon, some burlap twine and some small and large Cotton Candy Bella Bonbons finish it off. 

Did you hear that Stamping Bella has free shipping to anyone, anywhere from now til May 4th on orders over $50? The code to enter is "happyweek". Em sure knows how to make us all happy stampers! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen


9 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my, this is just the cutest image ever! Love it! :)

Dana White said...

She is so cute - love the huggabuggs of course lately it's still been snow here....

Emily said...

Adorable image and colored so cute in the pink and brown copics! She's actually happy about the rain:)) I'm looking for the May flowers because we've had enough rain. I'm glad you added the flower square on the bottom to remind us they are coming:))) Great paper choices!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is adorable, sistah!

Unknown said...

Totally adorable card!! Love the coloring!! I just took advantage of that free shipping - yea!! :)

Janet said...

awwwwwwww what a cutie! i got my new stamps today!! :) woo hoo!
hugs

Leslie said...

Love those Huggabuggs! Great card and I love her popped up umbrella.

Unknown said...

You stinker! This is SOOO cute! Just love it!

Christy C said...

Wow...now that is so well done. I love, love her coat!!! (and the umbrella, and the wings, and the....well all of it! :)