Friday, April 3, 2009

Fresh Flowers Sneak Peek!

It's time for sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions...yippeeeee!!! Today I'm showing you two samples I've made with Fresh Flowers, the newest set in the Whimsical Wishes line. I've used supplies from the Mother's Day Key Ingredients for both of these cards. 
Isn't this little window-scape just darling! I love that the window, shutters, and window box are all separate images. Also, the window has a gorgeous rounded pane above the square window. I chose to ink only the square part but I'm pretty sure you'll see the entire window on one of the other Baker's Dozen blogs. {wink!}

I stamped the window with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto TE Choice Buttercream cardstock and coloured it with copics. Next I stamped the shutter and window box onto patterned paper from the Mother's Day Key Ingredients and cut them out. I popped the shutters and window box then added some very fun Flower Soft to the window box. I have to tell you, this was my first time playing with Flower Soft but it's definitely not the last...I LOVE the texture and dimension it creates. I used the Summer mixture on my sample, but there are plenty of other shades to choose from. I do really like the blended colours in this mixture though...it looks like flowers and leaves all in one. And, it's so easy to apply, just squeeze the Flower Soft Glue onto your image, pour on a generous amount of fluffed up Flower Soft and tap off the excess. Once the glue dries you can add another layer for more dimension, like I did on my sample. 

And now for the surprise part of my card...the window opens to reveal a beautiful bouquet of flowers!
I just couldn't resist cutting around the window panes so they would swing open. The vase and flower bouquet were also stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream cardstock and coloured with copics. 
Then I played with another fun new product, Smooch! I added some Siren Smooch to the flower centers and Green Apple Smooch to the leaves. It gives a pretty pearlescent shimmer and the applicator has a very fine foam tip so I was able to add a thin line on each leaf...just enough to catch the light. 

My next sample is a quick and easy square notecard using supplies from the Mother's Day Key Ingredients again and a sentiment from Fresh Flowers
I really can't get enough of these Key Ingredients. I've used them on more samples that I'll be showing over the next two days and I still have plenty of supplies left. 

Here's what's included in the Mother's Day Key Ingredients:
Prism cardstock in Island Mist Light, Blush Red Light, Blush Red Medium, Frosted Kiwi, Suede Brown Medium.
Choice Buttercream cardstock
Patterned paper from Crate Paper, the Blue Hill Collection
An assortment of shimmery flowers
A package of Kaisercraft Clear Rhinestones
Five yards of coordinating ribbon

There's plenty going on at Taylored Expressions and lots of new products too. Release Day, Sunday, April 5th is going to be so much fun! The TE Newsletter is the best way to be the first to know about all the new products and sales at the TE store, plus it's chock full of inspiration. But you already know this if you're a subscriber. Not a subscriber yet? Well it's easy! Just sign up on the Taylored Expressions homepage

Check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen blogs for more sneak peeks.

I'll be back tomorrow with sneak peeks of the new Cuppie set...it's SO adorable!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome cards! Love the window box with flower soft...so pretty!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the swinging window idea! Totally cool!

That second card really shows off the awesome key ingredients. Love it!!

Taylor said...

Gorgeous, Karen! Your window swings open too... love all you clever ladies that did that! And I love your second card with the KI Kit... so bright and fresh!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Both are just beautiful, Karen! Love them!

Jami said...

Both cards are beautiful! Great idea to leave the top of the window off so you could make a horizntal card!

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful cards, Karen!!

jacque4u2c said...

These are beautiful cards! I really need to get some of that flower fluff stuff! It really looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love the flower basket below the window, really great card!

Janet said...

Great cards karen! :) I love the flower soft! i still have to use mine!! ha ha
hugs

Sankari W. said...

Both of these cards are just beautiful!!! LOVe how the window opens to reveal this beautiful vase and flowers! Just lovely paper piecing of the shutters!!! And love the way you put the flowers in the scalloped circle == what a simply wonderful idea!! LOVE it!! Your cards are full of sauciness!!!'

Lots of hugs,
Sankari :)

Donna Baker said...

love them both! esp how you made the inside window open! so clever

Karen Giron said...

You are so clever! I love the window panel inside. Beautiful!!

Jodi Collins said...

Great minds think alike eh??? These are AWESOME to the MAX, like, totally ;)