Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Polly's Happy Holidays

I know, I know...another Christmas card. But really, I can't help it. I still have uninked Christmas rubber and full sheets of wonderful holiday papers! Let's just say, I'm starting my stash for next year.   :)

The sketch for this card is from the Bella Sketch Challenge over on Splitcoast. There's a new sketch each Monday. I decided that Polly Packages from Stamping Bella was the perfect image for this card layout. 

Then I chose my Scenic Route Garland papers for colour inspiration. The image was stamped with Memento black onto Gina K Pure Luxury cardstock then cut out with oval nesties. I made sure the image wouldn't slip this time...wink!

The card base is Gina K's fabulous 120lb cardtock...it's soooooooo dreamy! I couldn't seem to incorporate any ribbon on the card...gasp! but the left side looked a little plain so I added an Artichoke snowflake using my Martha punch, with a red Bella Bonbon in the centre for some bling. I finished off the image by adding a teeny bit of sparkle to the holly berries on her hat, with Christmas Red Stickles. 

Oh, and I should tell you, the yellow strip is So Saffron and the green is Always Artichoke.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Gorgeous colouring, Karen. Great sketch, eh? (Bet you haven't heard that Canadianism in awhile!)

Leslie said...

Man, can you colour with those copics! Lovely, lovely card Karen. I'm in awe that you're now making your Christmas cards for NEXT year.

Dana White said...

Beautiful card; Since I am still getting mine done for this year I am envious you are working on next years!

Janet said...

great card!!! you are such an inspiration:) Glad you started a blog :)
hugs