Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Wow, we woke up this morning and most of the snow had melted away from all the rain we got yesterday and last night here in New England. It's a white and green (grass) Christmas day. There was over a foot of snow on our upper deck yesterday morning, and with all the forecasted rain, we decided we'd better shovel it off cause it'll get pretty heavy. We had fun though cause the snow was super sticky. Hubby and I had a bit of a skills competition, throwing snowballs from the deck to the roof of the shed. We were trying to make a smiley face with strategic 'snowball holes' in the snow on the shed roof, but it ended up looking more like swiss cheese.   :)

Today I thought I'd share with you our Christmas tree(s) and the rest of the hand-made happy mail we received this week. 

Instead of putting up one big tree, we opt for several small trees, ranging in size from 1-5' in height. It's my tree collection and it grows every year. These are just some of them...there are more scattered around the house. I enjoy hunting in stores each year to find the quirkiest, cutest little trees to add to the collection.
And here is the rest of the hand-made happy mail we received for the holidays. Thank you to everyone who sent holiday cards. We appreciate them all, hand-made or not.  :)

This one's from my BFF Dana W. The snowman is all shimmery IRL!
My friend Leslie G. sent this little cutie. This little snowman is SO adorable!
My SIL Christine S. sent this one. The colours are perfect together.
This beauty is from Anne H. Love what she did with the mulberry batik technique.
Gillian P. sent this card. I love the scallops with the patterned paper. 
This is from Sylvie G. Unfortunately, one of the string of beads got held up crossing the border. 
This one is from Lorraine F-S. The pink and pomegranate are so pretty together.

2 comments:

Janet said...

awwwwwwww great cards! I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful Christmas:)

Stamp and Smile said...

Fantastic RAK's to share! Very talented stampers and I enjoy you sharing with us!! Merry Christmas to you and your fire place looks so sweet... Smiles! :)