Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Little Elzy Note

Well, I haven't had a bird in my posts for quite a while, so I thought it was time. I decided on this sweet Elzybells stamp, A Winter Song. The first paper I reached for was pink, then I thought to myself...hold on a minute...not all Elzys need to be pink to be cute...how about wintery blue? So I pulled the striped pattern from my SU Urban Prairie pack and started my card. :)

The image was stamped with Memento black onto Gina K pure luxury and coloured with copics. Yes, I know, I used a lot of copics on this but it only looks like two shades of blue and green. Here's why: I coloured the bird, hat and boots with B93 & B95, then thought the shade needed to be a little more on the greenish side to coordinate with the striped paper, so I went over them with BG72. I used E00 for her skin and added rosy cheeks with R00. To add a little colour under the glittery snow I first coloured with BG000 then toned it down by going overtop with W0.
I know it doesn't really show all that much, but it's there, under the glitter, and I feel better knowing it's there. The image is outlined with W1. I really like how these markers mix and blend. Whenever I'm colouring I usually have a paper palette beside the image, where I try out different colour combos and layering. I was livin' on the edge for this one though...no practice palette. To finish off the image, I added some Liquid Appliquee to the hat and coat, but I sprinkled some dazzling diamonds over top before I heated it. I hope it doesn't fall off...it seems to have 'stuck' ok.

The card base is Gina K 120lb pure luxury, with a layer of kiwi kiss which I distressed. Next is a layer of baja breeze, which I ran through my snowflakes CB folder then added some white craft ink to the raised areas with a sponge dauber. A 2" piece of striped is attached at the bottom and I tied a fluffy "Joanne B." bow with Baja striped ribbon.

The final details are the sentiment (from Amuse) which is attached with a frame from SU's Styled Silver Hodgepodge. The blue snowflake was punched with my Martha punch and layered onto a 5/8" circle of kiwi. I added a styled silver brad to the center and I had THE perfect little denim blue Bella Bonbon for the centre.

So there you go...it's Christmas Eve and I've completely moved off Christmas cards. And hey, I just realized that these are all the colours for last week's Colour Challenge on Splitcoast, CC197, that I never had time to complete. Yay!

Merry Christmas!!! Have a wonderful holiday season. And if you have some time to stop by, I'll be posting. :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Janet said...

soooooo cute:) I used an elzy on this challenge too:) They are too cute!!
Merry Christmas!!!

Leslie said...

With all that "Roo and BGooo and Wo" it sounds like a Dr. Seuss book :) You know I love this card because you used an Elzybells stamp and one of my fav ones too. I like how you put a smaller circle behind the snowflake - clever. Merry Christmas my friend and you can be sure I'll be stopping by over the holidays!

Dana White said...

Is that you chatting with a little bird out in the snow?
Lovely card as usual -

Unknown said...

Amazing coloring! And hey, Loveee the bow! ;-)

Stamp and Smile said...

I'm glad your posting to enjoy some fantastic card candy! Very JAZZY card for the SCS color challenge. Great coloring!!! :)