Saturday, December 20, 2008

Beary Merry Holidays


I just could not resist making another card for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch. My order from Stamping Bella arrived on Thursday (Yippeeee!!!...waves - Hi Em!) and in it was this sweet little Polar Bear Circle stamp. Can you say PERFECT for this layout!!!

I made this card longer and narrower. The finished size is 3.25 x 6 inches. The card base is retired SU Blue Bayou, then a layer of white, then Baja Breeze. Don't the two blues coordinate nicely? The patterned paper is from Imaginisce, Snowy Jo - Snow Soiree. 

The polar bear is stamped with Memento ink onto Gina K Pure Luxury white then coloured with copics. I used my quickie glue pen to add Diamond Dust to the snow flakes and to make it look like he's sitting on ice. Oh, and I should tell you, the great thing about these circle stamps from Stamping Bella...they fit perfectly in the Marvy jumbo circle punch (the blue 2" one). So after he was all coloured, I punched him out (not literally of course, he's just too sweet) and layered him on a scallop of blue bayou, which I punched with the mega circle scallop. 

The sentiment is also Stamping Bella and I added three small Bella Bonbons in blue jean. I kept this card much simpler than yesterday's and I'm pleased with how quickly it came together. 

With the dumping of snow we got here in New England yesterday, this card is actually quite fitting! It would be so cute for a winter birthday card too...hmmm...lots of birthdays at the start of the year in my family...maybe you'll see him again on another design.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Leslie said...

He sure is cute and a perfect card for the weather we all got yesterday!

Taylor said...

So adorable, Karen! Great color combination and you're right, that image is perfect for this layout!

Anonymous said...

Karen, don't you love him from Bella! We got him on the cruise and I made one of my fave cards with him too! LOVE YOURS!

Unknown said...

Cute cute! Glad you got those new stamps all inky so quickly! My bag o bellas is CALLING my name - pretty loudly!

Donna Baker said...

congratulations on being the featured cupcake sampler! what a sweet card, love that you made it long & how cute is that polar bear?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

Sorry the string of beads fell off. Thanks for posting the card. Nice tree collection! Any new ones?

LOL
SG